Monday, September 20, 2010

the unknown

Whoah. So I've been extremely distant - from not just you my followers, but from everyone. I'm currently in Vista, CA just about ready to have the shuttle come get my booty and head to the airport. I'm homebound to Wisconsin and am very very excited.

The reason why I came out here was for an interview with a wakeboarding company known as LIQUID FORCE - they're basically awesome and the people there I learned, are awesome as well. My interview was last week Wednesday and I nailed it, so my future endeavor means moving to California in 3 weeks or so. Most might say that it's awesome - me on the other hand, its not only awesome but extremely scary.

The last week has been geared towards 2nd job searching and apartment/roommate searching - all that has not been the greatest and easiest challenge. I've had so many things cross through my mind that I never knew a brain could think all of it at the same time. From leads on apartments to playing a waiting game on hearing back from jobs and craigslist ads and from friends eager to get me to come home, give going away parties, sad to see me leave in 3 weeks, sisters that don't want me to leave until after a certain weekend - it's quite the roller coaster.

But while all the tears and fears circle through me, there's my faith and optimism that I've been taught - this will all work out and I will and can make this happen.

Regardless, it will be an emotional roller coaster but everyone has to reach outside of their comfort zone at some point in their life, right? Well, my time is now.

Quote of my day, thanks to Tara Hess:

So we shall let the reader answer the question for himself:

Who is the happier man, who has braved the storm of life and lived, or
he who has stayed securely on the shore and merely existed?

Have a good day kids :)

2 comments:

  1. Hunny, I'm so proud of you. You're taking the same leap of faith that I am by moving away. It's a new chapter in our lives and we'll all get through it knowing the opportunity that we have ahead of us is fucking awesome.

    Love you kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Courtney!!!!! That is so exciting for you!! First Johnny, now you! Something about the Midwestern draw to California...makes me wonder if I am missing out too? Hehehe, just kidding. :) Biggest best wishes to you for making your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete