Saturday, December 18, 2010

Airport chillin'...

I’ve slacked, yet again. I’ve been busy, have had a life? It’s Christmas time. I think that’s how everyone feels. I’ll spare you the details.  Well it’s been a good two weeks since my last blog. I’ve explored a few secret spots of Southern California – some being:

 • Secret way to get to Black’s Beach in La Jolla: sketchy trails in the middle of canyons and big houses to make my way down to the beach [balancing over one piece of plywood from canyon to canyon, crawling down in between tiny ridges and seeing a beautiful out of the ordinary view of the beach at sunset and listening to the dolphins talk]

710 in Pacific Beach: Friday Night Trivia with the girls has become a favorite of mine.

Ramona, CA – Ramona Waterfall Hike: has hit the #1 hike I’ve done thus far. My first view was dessert. Complete dessert. I was a little nervous on how I was going to find a waterfall in the dessert-like scenery? Well as we kept walking, we ended up being on the top of a few mountains and canyons and looking down onto long valleys full of fall colors – red, yellow, and orange trees. There were beautiful rocks and rugged terrain all over. As we made our way down to the valley, we heard water. I’m not going to lie---we got lost. Well, we didn’t get lost. We just…umm…took the path on the left rather than the path in the middle, which led us an hour and a half out of our way. We found a fun little fire spot and decided to go a little deeper off the trail & we found water, LOUD water. As we went through some long, tall grass, we found that we were at the TOP of the waterfall – literally the top. We were standing right where the water was trickling down. We made our way down to the bottom, which led to a few battle bounds for me but we made it! We saw 3 guys rock climbing which was soooooooo flippin’ cool. Needless to say there was a cliff high enough and water (kinda—meaning 6 feet) deep enough to jump off of it, so we did.


As of right now, I’m on my journey home – with a pit stop in VAIL, CO to hit some double black diamonds and sip hot chocolate with good company before venturing back home to WiscO ☺
-::-::-::-Brain detOuR. I got side tracked and found some OLD OLD OLD pictures on my computer….they brought back soooo many awesome memories. From high school dances, Mr. BPH, Graduation, random nights during senior year (including Mike Englebert getting the worst wedgie EVERRRR---courtesy of me,  pictures of when my bedroom walls were still

bright yellow and blue, when Jack was not even 1 year old yet, all the fun Soccer/Cross Country team dinners and meets and times with family on Christmas Eve with all of the girl cousins...me getting mad when Krista got the Barbie I wanted hahaha) I have some kick butt friends and family and am sooo thankful for them. I was all fine until I stumbled upon one of Dootsie and I from my graduation - that made me ball like a little baby in the airport. Looking back at how cute and little she was and how grown up she is now, made me cry!!! Dang it! Okay – enough airport sobbing.

This is the point where I’m signing off…and am going to jam to some badass tunes to get me pumped for the slopes of Vail. Waiting for Drew Drew, Amy, Wes, JJ, Tris & Fish to get me outta this small pit of memories---gunna be a rockin’ time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment