Monday, November 15, 2010

door BolTed. Sliding door locked. uhhhohhhh.

So this last week my momma flew in from GB and started her San Diego adventure with her crazy, spontaneous daughter off the right way...
--or one of the most interesting ways? (you choose)

tuesday afternoon airport pick-up..gosh it was so awesome to see her. we drove around for a little while, while I showed her some of my life (my NEW apartment, winding roads & Hwy 101)and educated her on the californiacan lifestyle and history. We got all dolled up to go to the CHART HOUSE (Landry's restaurant) in Cardiff---the person I'm living with is the VP of all Landry's restaurant so it was his treat. We ate a nice $300 meal--with appetizers, drinks, entrees && EVEN LAVA CAKE DESSERT (which may i add was heaven in your mouth!!!) and also with good company--Peter & Bonnie.

we got back to our hotel around 10pm--decided to treat ourselves to the hot tub. Now we were at the Mariott Courtyard in Solana Beach so we had a door that opened the room and on the backside we had a sliding patio door that led to the pool/hot tub/courtyard area. We hop in the hot tub--and I, naturally, decide I want my camera to take pictures. As I'm running to the room she says "make sure the door doesn't lock!" Me thinking in my brain (duh mom...it's not going to lock). Well, sure enough, the patio door locked behind me.
---now, this wouldn't be a bad thing if we hadn't BOLTED the front door. yep, we were locked out of our room.

Whoops...my bad!
I came back to the hot tub and broke the news to her. She thought I was kidding. "Shut up, you did not" "It didn't lock" "You're kidding"...trying so hard to keep my composure I couldn't help but bust out and laugh and say "no, seriously. we're locked out of our room. I'll go talk to someone..I bet this stuff happens all the time" I go into the lobby in my swimsuit & the maintenance and front desk lady try everything---EMERGENCY KEYS, prying the door open, sliding a credit card along the patio door..everything.

So--here we are. It's 11:00pm and I locked my mom and I out of our room. Front door bolted. Sliding door locked. In only our swimsuits, towels & we have a camera and our cell phones. Niiice move on my part. We can't get into our room until the morning now (until a really good maintenance man comes in the morning). We have no wine (it's in the room!) Bar is closed. No money...but thank you to Solana Beach Courtyard Mariott ladies...we have 2 free breakfast coupons for the inconvenience! BAAhahHAhahaHAHaHAhaha.

We got another room for the night, slept either:
1) naked
2) in our swimsuits
(we'll leave that up to your imagination sick freakssss)
and we have 2 cell phones, that are of no use besides texting our friends and family of this bizarre occurrence and we have a camera, for a good capture of memories.

Ohhh the start of my momma's San Diego adventure. My dad's comment the next day as I'm trying to get mom to go sky diving--- "I'm going to need to up your life insurance if you're hanging out with Court all week"
Bahahahha. LOVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment