Friday, November 5, 2010

crazy weEk.

It's been a good--but crazy busy week.

My adventures this week only concluded a few things: loungin' on the beach watching 7-8 foot waves crash along the shore, packing up my belongings to move into my new place & a few 7 mile runs on the beach.

Oh yes...and Tuesday what I haven't mentioned is I went on a 1-2 mile hike up this mountain. Let's just say, this wasn't just any mountain - this mountain had a good 30 degree incline and we all had 20lb weight vests strapped to us. We were at an area where they call it the drop zone - where the Navy Seals and others practice sky diving. On our way up the hike, we ran into border patrol because we were suuuuuuuper close to the border. When I got up to the top, it was one of the most peaceful, breathtaking sights I've ever seen. There were hills and mountains all around, East Lake and in the distance we could view downtown San Diego.


Today is a good day. I am in the process of moving into my new apartment & off to take on a huuuuge challenge - 13 mile run and 1.3 mile swim with a friend. If I make it through this, I mind as well just sign up for a half iron man :)

Sorry it's so short, but I've got the day ahead of me to get things done and hopefully not die from this workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment