Friday, November 19, 2010

hapPy thinGs 8-)

I wrote this yesterday--but am posting today :)
So today I woke up & wondered what I wanted or needed to accomplish. As I walked into my bedroom from my shower, the Mission Bay breeze blew into my bedroom and the sunshine lit up my room to where I didn’t need to turn on any icky ceiling lights (I hate fake light – looooove natural light].

Seeing as how I was extremely productive yesterday, all signs pointed towards having a reflection-chill out-organize my room-start my California photo album-and read a book day. As I was listening to my new favorite band out here---“PEPPER”…I started putting a few things away and I came across an envelope that I got from my Aunt Karla the other day. Inside held a picture of my godson, Jack. I grinned from ear to ear and put him next to my baby sister Mackenzie’s picture---this is when I started to realize all of the things that really make me smile and enjoy life.

So I decided to make a list. Last week, my mom and Amy visited—that meant the world to me and I wish both of them were still out here. I love talking on the phone with my grandma-she always seems to brighten my day, always seems so proud of me and floods happiness into my life--she always gives such good advice and she is my oldest best friend. Seeing pictures of my sisters and Jack grow up. Inspirational quotes that I find in uplifting stores---I will have something I’ve created up in a store someday. I’m actually obsessed with my friends snake, Cah [I want one of my own now].  Showers. Painted toe nails. Art. Foot massages. Listening to music. Random adventures like morning mimosas or hiking a huge mountain. Not sticking to a routine, but have enough of one to keep my head on straight. Good conversations with girlfriends. Cool breezes flooding into my room to give me just a bit of a chill to put on big sweatpants and a zip up. Bohemian-like/edgy/punk-like clothes. Fall colors and leaves. FOOD [yes, dad—I figured you’d appreciate this one haha]. Honest people. Laughing. Movie nights. Cooking nights—especially with my bestie.

I figured the list could go on and on…but I realized that there is a lot in life that you can find anywhere that will make you happy. My new quote of the day/week/my life right now is: “Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.” Don’t chase happiness, it will come to you when you least expect it.

Being out here, having a flexible schedule right now really has made me understand, reflect and appreciate certain people and things in my life and what they bring to the table and what I bring to their table… life can get so busy sometimes that everyone is so wound up in their own little world that they don’t give the important people in their life enough time and attention. Everyone needs to feel wanted, loved and needed…show someone you care today. When you think of someone, tell them---you might make their day. If you see someone and you think they look good or pretty or you like their shirt, tell them. If you have people who are jealous of you, envy that and be flattered. You’d be surprised at how little things make the ultimate difference and could change a persons’ life today. Show your care in the world and appreciate who you have and what you have.
[inspired by a few friends and their stories today]

....update for today---PEPPER CONCERT TONIGHT AT THE HOUSE OF BLUES DOWNTOWN SAN DIEGOOOOO. YESSSSS =D

1 comment:

  1. Hugs & kisses Court :D ....miss you!! Can't wait to see you in a little over a month! Good talking to you yesterday. <3

    ReplyDelete