Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Spontanaeity---train ride to LA///Liquid Force love.

I’m on the way to LA right now---on the Amtrak Train---to visit a really good friend from highschool, Mr. Christopher Champeau. He’s come down to see me in San Diego, so I figured I’d do the same. We
all need a little Wisco in our life every now and then. On our agenda is just dinner and a chill night – hike a mountain tomorrow – and go our separate ways while I work at D Street and he works downtown San Diego at a club.

Not going to lie, I’m not sure what I expected from riding a train but it’s flippin’ boring! Ha! I guess when I think of a train I think of Harry Potter---and that train seems exciting! I feel like I’m on a bus /slash/ airplane. There is much more room on this train than either one of those but there’s a lot of similarities. The structure is like a coach bus—the windows, seats, curtains. The inside is like a plane with the arm rests in between the seats, the luggage stowaway above your head, and the lights and A/C above your head. It makes me chuckle when the Amtrak conductor comes around, it reminds me of the movie Polar Express—oh yeah, and I totally took a picture of the guy. Ha.

---But the train is good. It’s a good way to let loose, relax but get somewhere fun at the same time. It gives me the “me , reflect, count my blessings time” that I need. Now I can say I’ve rode a train.

I figured I’d blog while I was on the train because it’s quiet and you can people watch which lets my mind wander in great directions that lead me to brilliant ideas while I’m pluggin’ away typing. I look a little studious on my MacBook Pro with my headphones in one ear jammin’ to chill Kid Cudi music and a bohemian bandana in my hair with braids. Hehe. Ohh the simple things that make me giddy!!

Randomness---but the reason I want to write. I want to let everyone know how things at Liquid Force are going [you know, the whole reason why I came out here haha]…well in one word KICKBUTTANDILOVEIT :D
I’ve been cravin’ and obsessing a lottttttt over Liquid Force---I live thinking, dreaming, sleeping, wondering, loving and eager to learn more and more about them, their product, the people and whether or not I have a future there. This last week I’ve reached out to their Art Director & Co-Founder and doin’ some worrrrrk in the Marketing department! I want to know everything and anything about wakeboarding and Liquid Force. I’ve been learning about different board styles and shapes, thinking of new giveaway ideas and ways to promote LF and our sister company Straightline, how to become a solid sales rep, experimenting with different Liquid Force logo designs for the girls boards---so I’ve been working on Typography for that [which is EXTREMELY exciting!!!!! We’ll see if any of my ideas hit 2012 gear!!!] Tony Finn, has given me lots of insight on the industry and not to mention, he digs my tattoo a lot. He thinks it’s totally rad---yeah, they use words like that out here. Ha.

------Post train arrival update::
So I got off the train---and was completely lost. I saw every single sign imaginable in the train station...Metrotrain, Golden Metro, Restroom, Union Station, Customer Service..blahh blahh blahh but I COULD NOT FIND ANY FLIPPIN' "OUT" OR "EXIT" SIGN. Geee whizzz. ha. So I finally found my way out of the platform and saw a Denny's in the distance. Champeau had nooo idea where I was so I walked to the Denny's--to find an isolated Denny's with a crabby server, girl on girl action in the booth behind me and extreme quietness. In order to stay inside I had to order something--so a scoop of icecream with chocolate sounded about good :-)

In regards to my Liquid Force excitement---BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. Reach out and open the door that no one thought could be opened. Life is behind it! (Kelly Ann Rothaus)

1 comment: