Monday, October 18, 2010

D Street Bar & Grill.

Mmhmm---well today and the last few days I've consumed some of my life to my new waitressing job... D Street Bar & Grill. I've been learning, studying and repeating the food and liquor menu in my head over and over.

D Street is a sports bar - with plenty of tvs to watch any game you could imagine, chill and laid back regulars, bombass food that is actually reasonably priced with awesome portions & I must add, that the people that I work with are awesome. We all help eachother out and grab eachothers food and drinks like it's no big thing. We are at team and I find that awesome.

Restaurant business is extremely different out in California than Wisconsin. Everyone is so much more laid back and easygoing - they're just there to have a good time and hang out with their friends. They usually are in no rush and will patiently wait for their food and drinks with no problem. What fascinates me is that when I'm done with my shift and I still have a table open, I can politely tell them I'm leaving & their voluntarily cash out right away. (anyone who is in restaurant business knows this is PRIME!)

I just got done on day #4 of training - I have my 5th tomorrow and shortly after that I will be all on my own.

----on a side note: Tomorrow I start at Liquid Force, wakeboarding company, as their marketing intern. I don't have a lot of new news tonight but that's my status as of now :)

1) Waitressing job going great.
2) I start my 2nd job tomorrow at Liquid Force.
3) Life is goooooood :)

chat soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment