Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Note to self: Do not cross an intersection at a yellow light.

haha - so yesterday, I was driving on my way to the bank (for the first time) down roads I've never drove on && this butthead in front of me slammed on his front breaks at a yellow light as we were just about to go through it. I was thinking "HElLlLoOO!?!?!? Its yellow - you can go dood." So I get into the lane to the left of him, me probably not having the nicest face on and he motions 'picture taking' at me with hand gestures.

And I'm like "uhh, what? take a picture?" haha - so I look around and I don't see anything rather fascinating so I roll down my window. He explained to me through our car windows that if you get caught going through a yellow light in California, they'll take a picture of you and it's like a $450/$500 fine! I was like whoahhhhh NELLY!

We ended up having like a 3 minute conversation about where I'm from and what we're both doing here - at the corner of Encinitas Blvd & N El Camino Real in the middle of traffic until the left arrow light switched to green. I thought this was humorous and when I thought this was going to tick me right off, this man brightened my day - what a nice man, to roll down his window and nicely inform me of this picture taking nonsense.

[i knew of the lights taking your picture, but i didn't know they were THAT intense and hardcore about it..eeek!]

Note to self today:
1) do not cross an intersection at a yellow light - unless you'd like to pay the city a good chunk of mooooo-lahhh$$$.
2) don't always flip out right away, because I for sure was not happy when he slammed on his breaks so i inconveniently whipped around him. But I was greeted with a warm smile and some good ol' California advice. And crazy enough, we were laughing with each other by the time the light turned green - we made each others day!
Make one person happy every day, even if it's yourself.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like youre definitely enjoying your new home....really happy to hear that

    ReplyDelete