Thursday, October 28, 2010

double WHAMMY dayy.

so, yesterday I did one thing - TWICE. I got lost.

I woke up, went for a run down Balboa Ave after dropping my no-longer-ghetto-car-off at the mechanic [[yay! this is exciting]]. A friend of mine and I decided to set off on what we thought would be a pretty darn good hike - instead, it ended up turning into a dang good MOUNTAIN CLIMB. We got lost so we were just guessing where the trail started - we made our way up the mountain, creating our own trail truckin' through brush, pickers & climbing rocks we didn't think would be possible. Once we got to the top of that mountain, we finally saw the trail a little ways ahead which led to the REAL mountain.

Cowles Moutain - 1,591 feet:: the highest point within the City of San Diego. Located in the San Carlos neighborhood of the city, its main hiking trail is one of the most popular in the area, with a 360 degree view from the summit <- funny, we got lost finding "the most popular hiking trail in the area" eh? WINNERS.

Needless to say, the view of this mountain was nearly breathtaking. It was awesome -- here, we'd stand on one side and look at the city life/Lake Murray and in the far distance we'd scope out downtown San Diego. As we'd slightly turn there was a fine line where the city ended and the hills began. We saw EXACTLY how this city was laid out - from Imperial Beach and Chula Vista, all the way up to La Jolla and beyond...all along the coast and then plenty more. It was one of the coolest things to see. We sat up there and just enjoyed the fresh air && the view God planted upon us. Awesome enough though, I look like I got in a fight with MANY bushes and pickers - and from the looks of how scratched up and torn my legs look, many would have thought nature won that battle.

------------------------------------------
Later in the evening I had a dinner date with my 2 cousins: Mike & Matt. Funny story, ACTUALLY. Matt tells me to meet him at Brigantine--and this is where I'm going to quickly say something and then turn my head in complete embarrassment. The guy GAVE me directions. Like 2 turns of directions and well...I messed it up. I swear, I have a good reason (kinda, not really). So I got home to quickly change from my hike && freshen up--and I quickly looked up how to get to this place on my computer because I didn't want to get lost (not even thinking of his directions he gave me) So I drive to La Mesa (East County) and call him asking him where he's sitting.
He says "walk into the restaurant to the right and I'm right there"
Me: I don't see you.
Matt: There are some balloons, do you see them?
Me: Yes, I'm actually right next to some balloons.
Matt: Hmm.. how the heck don't I see?
{restaurant too loud - texting now.}
Me: Come to the front please :)
Matt: I am there...where are you? Are you at the brigantine?
Me: Yes...I'm at the front.
Matt: Outside or inside? I am by the hostess
Me: haha I am by her too..Waht the heck!
Matt: Ok, we need to get on the same wavelength. Ask the hostess which location you are at b/c we are obviously not at the same place.
...so I call Mike..asking him where he is...he says...are you in Del Mar? Hmm...BINGO. He got me. I was in La Mesa. Mmmkay visual Green Bay friends...so basically La Mesa is 30 minutes away from Del Mar. Del Mar is a beach city on the coast and La Mesa is way inland. So just imagine someone going to Appleton or Neenah and you're waiting for them in Green Bay. yep, my bad.
After picking on me all dinner, we had a great catch up dinner talking about ohhh the things men talk about and my little sass ass just laughing and shaking my head. Good to still have a piece of family out here :)

weird thought though: there were balloons at both of our locations...just saying?

PS:: My blog won't let me add pictures..I'll try to figure it out. Darn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment